Looking for a dressing shirt, the first thing you need to know is your size. Mens shirt sizes have two numbers: neck size, and sleeve length. The piece you are choosing should be comfortable and well-fitting, so make sure you’ve measured yourself to get an exact fit. Here are some points to consider while buying a dress shirt:
1. Consider which style you want: Athletic, also called slim fitted, regular or full. Regular is a little looser than the athletic fit and full is the loosest of all dress shirts fits. All these have different fitting and should be chosen as per person’s own stature and physique.
2. Stripes, Solids or Prints: If you are confused with so many options available in the color of mens shirt, go with a color or pattern that is trendy. Before you start buying every color of dress shirt available, it is better to take idea from others around you to distinguish what would be suitable. If everyone is donning a white or blue dressing shirt, then you might not get others’ attention seriously in a brightly-colored striped shirt.
3. If you are buying a shirts for office, consider is there any office dress code? Generally, some offices such as law offices and financial institutions have official policies about wearing certain types of color.
4. In addition to style and color, pay attention to details. Mostly the first thing people consider is the color, but it’s the details that will define its style as well. Make sure you appropriately check the style of the collar, cuffs and pocket of a dress shirt before you purchase it. You’ll most likely find that there are shirt details you prefer over others.
5. Collars Straight-point: The most familiar and trendy style is the V-shaped points of a straight-point collar and they look great on any wearer.
6. Button-down: Not as much formal as other dressing shirt collars, the button-down collar is usually tailored of a softer fabric and pressed with less starch.
7. Cuffs Barrel: There are barrel cuffs, also known as a button cuff, as they close with at least one button, and possibly more than one. If there are several buttons, these can be used to adjust the fit. Other is French or double cuffs that have fabric that is long and folds back. These are closed with a cufflink or silk knot. Many people prefer French cuffs as they are more formal than a barrel cuff. And other is convertible that can be closed with buttons or cufflinks.
8. Pockets Placement: Check out where pockets are placed. If you are looking for more formal shirts, then do not consider mens shirts with two chest pockets. A single chest pocket gives more formal look and the most common for official wear.
9. Find the Right Fabric that give you total comfort, you can choose fabrics such as Cotton, Cotton blends, Linen, Broadcloth, Poplin, Oxford, Twill according to the season and occasion.
10. There are various online stores available that offer exciting discount on mens shirts, so browse different stores to grab the best offers.